0001181431-09-003955 4 1 20090115 20090120 20090120 Carli Maurizio 0001451517 4 34 001-33622 09535528 650-427-5000 3401 HILLVIEW AVE PALO ALTO CA 94304 VMWARE, INC. 0001124610 7372 943292913 DE 1231 3401 HILLVIEW AVENUE PALO ALTO CA 94304 (650) 427-5000 3401 HILLVIEW AVENUE PALO ALTO CA 94304 VMWARE INC 20000923 4 1 rrd230377.xml FORM 4 X0303 4 2009-01-15 0 0001124610 VMWARE, INC. VMW 0001451517 Carli Maurizio 3401 HILLVIEW AVENUE PALO ALTO CA 94304 0 1 0 0 General Manager, EMEA Class A Common Stock 2009-01-15 4 A 0 45000 0 A 45000 D Stock Option (right-to-buy) 22.34 2009-01-15 4 A 0 50000 0 A 2015-01-15 Class A Common Stock 50000 50000 D 25% of the option shares will vest on January 15, 2010. The remaining 75% will vest monthly thereafter over three years. Larry Wainblat, attorney-in-fact 2009-01-19