VMware Unveils Anywhere Workspace Innovations to Advance Automation Capabilities and Accelerate IT ModernizationDate : March 7, 2023
Updates to VMware Workspace ONE and VMware App Volumes enable increased performance, scale, and speed of new feature delivery for customers.
“As hybrid work requirements continue to evolve, organizations must constantly monitor changes, enforce reactive policies, and implement new workflows. We believe that automation powered by data science can greatly improve operational efficiency while transforming the IT workforce,” said
Improve Performance and Speed with Workspace ONE SaaS Modernization
The past decade has seen tremendous growth in both the amount and type of mobile and desktop endpoints secured by Workspace ONE. Today,
- Better Performance and Scalability: Customers can comfortably scale their deployments to millions of devices, while experiencing a high performance on resource workloads. This includes upwards of 10x improved resource delivery performance for apps and profiles across all device platforms and improved console load times for better admin experience.
Faster Feature Velocity while Driving Improved Product Quality: The modular architecture allows for more responsive development and greater product reliability, so customer IT teams can rely on
VMwarefor same-day feature support for the latest OEM and platform configurations.
- Modern SaaS Platform Enabling New Value-Add Services: The modern architecture powers new platform services including Workspace ONE Freestyle Orchestrator and Desired State Management. This provides a low-code and automated toolkit for IT to solve higher order business problems across endpoint management, security, and user experience.
“Workspace ONE UEM has allowed us to extend the ease of use for both remote workers that work for the company and workers that don’t,” said
“As Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) technology continues to mature,
Automate Anywhere with a Unified Orchestration Framework
At VMware Explore 2022, we announced our vision for a unified orchestration framework that extends the use of Freestyle Orchestrator capabilities beyond UEM use-cases, making it available across all Workspace ONE services and third-party applications. Delivering on that vision, existing Workspace ONE Intelligence customers will now see legacy automations replaced by the unified Freestyle Orchestrator canvas. Customers can now build the same powerful, policy-based workflows but with a modern, low-code canvas user interface.
Extending upon the unified orchestration,
Modernize Application Delivery with Apps on Demand for Published Apps
Building on the Apps on Demand functionality released last year powered by VMware App Volumes,
Using VMware App Volumes, IT can eliminate the need for a dedicated app farm infrastructure with a modern app delivery model that deploys apps on demand as users access them to generic RDSH servers. This removes management overhead and infrastructure cost of traditional published app farms built out to peak usage requirements. App Volumes also effectively separates the application layer from the OS, enabling simpler app and OS management and a radical reduction in the number of images IT needs to create and manage. With App Volumes, customers can capture even legacy apps with 99% app compatibility and publish them anywhere – on-prem, in the cloud, or across hybrid cloud deployments.
- Dive deeper into today’s announcements on the VMware End-User Computing Blog
- Download the full report, “The Distributed Work Dilemma: When Innovation and Job Satisfaction Compete,” here.
- Learn more about VMware Anywhere Workspace
VMware, The Distributed Work Dilemma: When Innovation and Job Satisfaction Compete, November 2022
VMware Internal Analysis, SaaS Modern Stack Performance Test Results,
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230307005197/en/
+1 (925) 482-4333