Independent Research Firm Names VMware a Leader in Unified Endpoint ManagementDate : November 30, 2021
VMware Workspace ONE Recognized with the Highest Score in Current Offering Category
According to the Forrester Wave report, “VMware continues to balance EX [employee experience], management, and security exceptionally well… In the past year,
The report continues, “VMware supports a wide array of operating systems, delivers a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) experience, and has some unique integrations with human capital management (HCM) tools like Workday to enable day-zero onboarding for employees. Workspace ONE’s DEEM feature is one of the most advanced EUEM capabilities in this evaluation, and its endpoint management has some unique differentiators, such as Workspace ONE Assist for remote support…
Workspace ONE is one of the core technologies that comprise VMware Anywhere Workspace, an integrated solution that enables employees to work from anywhere with more secure, frictionless experiences. It brings together Workspace ONE with VMware Carbon Black Cloud and VMware SASE.
Workspace ONE UEM, part of the Workspace ONE platform, provides a comprehensive solution that enables companies to manage and better secure any device across all platforms. It incorporates modern device management, application management, and security that’s effective outside the corporate perimeter. It empowers IT to:
- Intelligently manage every device on every platform
- Automate the device onboarding and update process over the air
- Flexibly support all use cases – BYOD, corporate-owned, frontline, or purpose-built
- Easily manage apps and provide a consistently positive self-service employee experience
- Make data-driven decisions and automate important repetitive IT processes
- Better secure devices, apps, and data at rest and in transit
- Enhancements in Digital Employee Experience Management: With DEEM, customers can monitor metrics like login failures, boot up and shutdown times, app usage and performance, device health, and crashes, among many others. DEEM is an integral part of VMware’s Digital Employee Experience (DEX) solution that brings together Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub, DEEM and Workspace ONE Assist. New DEX capabilities include unified user experience scores, employee sentiment scoring/surveying, machine learning-enabled anomaly detection and root cause analysis and remediation.
- Workspace ONE XR Hub: XR devices (Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality devices) are now being deployed to deliver remote training to frontline workers, augment designers and engineers and connect the anywhere workforce in more immersive ways. VMware Workspace ONE XR Hub, now in beta, delivers the digital workspace to VR devices, providing a simple yet more secure enterprise employee experience.
Continuous Compliance Supports
Zero Trust: A new compliance engine at the heart of Workspace ONE will enable richer posture checks with more attributes, using real-time data instead of fixed intervals and leveraging on-device capabilities to directly remediate any compliance drift in state.
- Integration of Intel vPro with Workspace ONE: With this partnership, customers will be able to manage endpoints independent of the operating system. Key capabilities include the ability to remotely wake a device, patch it and place it back into sleep; remotely wipe a device out-of-band for device recovery; and gain better insights into experiences such as Wi-Fi performance and battery health.
VMware SaaS App Management by
BetterCloud: VMware SaaS App Management by BetterCloudextends Workspace ONE’s visibility and management of SaaS apps, enabling IT admins to have broader control over the end user computing environment.
“Hybrid work is here, and it’s here to stay. With employees, including those at the frontline, accessing apps from the home, office and everywhere in between, IT teams are challenged to provide a great experience while providing rock solid security,” said
To download “The Forrester Wave™: Unified Endpoint Management, Q4 2021” report, click here.
- Bookmark the VMware End-User Computing Blog
- Visit the VMware Workspace ONE product page
- Get all Workspace ONE updates on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
This article may contain hyperlinks to non-