VMware Unveils Innovations Across Its Industry-Leading Workspace ONE Platform to Help Organizations Grow, Expand and Transform Their BusinessDate : August 26, 2019
- Industry-first concierge services – including an AI-powered virtual assistant – enhance employee experiences from hire to retire
- New modern management, zero trust security and multi-cloud VDI innovations empower IT to deliver the experiences modern workforces demand
“Addressing employee experience holistically – from hire through retire – must be at the heart of every company’s digital workspace design and is paramount to workforce transformation success,” said
Workspace ONE Delivers Concierge Services to Personalize and Simplify Employee Experiences
Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub – the central launchpad for employees to securely access apps, workflows and notifications and connect with colleagues – now includes a virtual assistant, powered by IBM Watson Assistant, that users can interact with using natural language processing (NLP) or text. Workspace ONE is the first digital workspace platform to integrate an artificial intelligence (AI)-powered virtual assistant.
With the new digital concierge service, Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub Virtual Assistant, employees will be able to complete numerous IT- and HR-related tasks such as procuring and registering a new device, troubleshooting Wi-Fi profiles, opening and managing service desk tickets, and enrolling into company benefits. Employees will also be able to use the virtual assistant to access organization-specific resources such as company policies, office locations and seating maps, as well as other company and team processes.
In addition, VMware is enhancing the productivity value of Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub with new and unique Mobile Flows integrations to support HR, line of business and IT Service Management (ITSM) applications. For instance, a new integration with Atlassian Jira Service Desk allows the seamless delivery of service desk ticket information and updates into Intelligent Hub. These new integrations build on existing one-click contextual workflows already supported in the platform with partners such as Salesforce, Coupa, SAP Concur and others.
Digital Employee Experience Management Boosts Employee Experience Across Mobile & Desktop Platforms
To help organizations manage and measure the value delivered to employees, VMware is launching a tech preview of Digital Employee Experience Management, a new Workspace ONE Intelligence service. This service will enable IT to proactively detect and automatically remediate potential issues that might impact employee experience across their hardware, OS and applications, based on real-time telemetry from their digital workspace environment. By leveraging the combined capabilities of Workspace ONE UEM, Workspace ONE Intelligence, and Apteligent, Digital Employee Experience Management is the only solution in the industry to fully support IT with these capabilities across both mobile and desktop platforms, with full automation for self-healing and remediation.
When an issue does arise on an employee’s device, IT must be able to react quickly to minimize downtime. To achieve this, VMware is expanding Workspace ONE Assist capabilities (formerly Workspace ONE Advanced Remote Management) to include remote support capabilities for knowledge worker Windows and macOS devices. This adds to a currently supported list of devices for Workspace ONE Assist inclusive of iOS, Android, Windows CE, and ruggedized devices. Now, administrators can optimize employee experience by remotely diagnosing and fixing user issues across mobile and PC platforms and get them back up and running quickly.
The Leader in Modern Management Across More Devices and Platforms
Workspace ONE continues to offer the broadest support of device and OS platforms, as well as the deepest set of features to fully support unified endpoint management (UEM). Today, customers are managing tens of millions of mobile, rugged and IoT devices with Workspace ONE.
Windows 10: In just the first six months of 2019, Workspace ONE brought more than a million new Windows 10 devices under management, making Windows 10 our fastest growing platform.
Workspace ONE has also added another industry-first innovation for Windows 10 management with Workspace ONE Enterprise App Catalog, which serves as a one-stop-shop for IT to procure hundreds of commonly used, pre-packaged and configured apps that are ready to deploy to the end user. Apps are pre-tested and kept up to date to help ensure proper installation. Now IT can spend less time packaging, testing and updating apps, and more time delivering the experiential services that employees care most about.
- Unified Workspace now supports new Dell Latitude Chromebook Enterprise devices, enabling administrators to leverage Workspace ONE UEM to deploy apps and policies to the enterprise-ready Chromebooks alongside all other endpoints;
- Workspace ONE now integrates with Dell SafeBIOS for continuous verification of the BIOS state against desired baselines and can automate remediation;
- Unified Workspace deployments can leverage persistence of the Workspace ONE agent to help IT reclaim management of an endpoint even if the agent is uninstalled (such as in a lost or stolen device scenario).
Apple: Workspace ONE manages tens of millions of Apple devices and has continuously introduced new innovations on Mac, iPhone and iPad.
- Planned support for iOS 13 and iPadOS coming later this fall, including initial support for the new User Enrollment, designed to support personal devices (BYOD) with business applications and services without taking full management of the device;
- Workspace ONE now supports managed software updates for Apple devices, providing fine-grained controls across all major and minor iOS and macOS updates with custom approval workflows to automatically roll-out, pause or defer updates based on the company’s risk profile toward OS updates roll out;
- A new macOS scripting and sequencing engine that provides a powerful solution for IT teams to customize the OS, install apps, deploy system fixes; and make these scripts available to users in a self-service manner;
- New macOS FileVault encryption lifecycle management to simplify key escrow, refresh, and recovery;
- New System Integrity Protection (SIP) support for macOS, providing health attestation and compliance status.
Multi-Cloud Virtual Desktop and App Support with Enhanced Services
As part of Horizon Services for Multi-Cloud, new management services will simplify desktop and app administration as IT will now be able to manage key assets such as applications or images across multiple sites to enable true hybridity. This modern approach to application management will further enable IT to decouple packaging and delivery of applications. IT will also be able to leverage identical packages across on-premises and cloud desktops with a one-to-many publishing model. Finally, a new cloud monitoring service will surface Horizon performance data so admins can proactively monitor, troubleshoot and remediate their environment from a single, cloud-based console.
In addition, Horizon will be integrated with NSX Advanced Load Balancer, allowing customers to move away from legacy, hardware-based application delivery controllers (ADCs) to deliver fast, scalable and more secure desktop and app access from anywhere.
Finally, Horizon customers will now be able reap the benefits of hybrid cloud more cost-effectively than ever before with subscription licensing. With the
Workspace ONE Intelligence Adds Cross-Platform Risk Analytics to Zero Trust Security Model
By combining industry-leading modern management, access management and digital workspace analytics,
Unveiled today, Workspace ONE Intelligence will offer a user and device risk score – a single quantifiable score based on multiple risk attributes that can be used to trigger conditional access policies and automated remediations. Leveraging machine learning, Workspace ONE Intelligence can identify user behavior anomalies based on variance from patterned behavior and automate remediation actions (e.g. force multi-factor authentication, quarantine device) when suspicious user behavior is observed.
In addition, Workspace ONE Trust Network now fully supports Carbon Black, Lookout, and Netskope, allowing customers to integrate best-of-breed security solution data into Workspace ONE and leverage Workspace ONE Intelligence dashboards to provide full visibility into their security posture.
Support from Partners & Customers
“IT administrators want to give users choice when it comes to OS, device, and when and where work gets done, but they struggle with delivering a consistent and frictionless experience,” said
“At Okta, we’re on a mission to enable every organization to seamlessly and securely use any technology,” said
“Every customer has unique requirements when it comes to configuring technology for their events, and we’ve come to count on Workspace ONE to make the configuration, management, and redeployment of our Onsite Solutions devices more secure and efficient,” said
Ricoh transforms the way people work with breakthrough office automation (OA) technologies – including printers, copiers and fax machines – to help businesses innovate and grow. Their mission is to enable people to work smarter – a mission that they not only preach to customers, but practice in their own work culture.
“Empowering employees to work smarter is central to our mission, and so we set out to create an environment where our own employees can work from anywhere, anytime and with any device,” said
“As the current trends of telehealth and in-home monitoring continue to evolve, the applications and services we’re able to deliver to our clinicians via Workspace ONE will allow us to stay ahead of the curve,” said
“With the majority of our work taking place in patients’ homes, we are proud to provide our field employees advanced mobility solutions to compliment the high-quality care VITAS provides at the bedside seamlessly and more securely,” said
- Dive a level deeper into the news and read this post on the VMware End User Computing blog
- Learn more about VMware’s digital workspace platform, VMware Workspace ONE
- Get all Workspace ONE updates on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
VMwareon Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
News at VMworld
- Read a summary of today’s news from
Chris Wolf: VMworld 2019 and Our Relentless Pursuit of the Possible
- VMware Delivers a Hybrid Cloud Platform Powering Next-Generation Hybrid IT
- VMware Announces VMware Tanzu Portfolio to Transform the Way Enterprises Build, Run and
Manage Softwareon Kubernetes
- VMware Cloud On AWS Helps Customers Migrate and Modernize Applications with Consistent Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure and Operations