VMware Workspace ONE Delivers Day Zero Employee Experiences, Enabling IT and HR to Accelerate New Hire Time to ProductivityDate : November 5, 2019
- End-to-end Zero Trust Access Control and Privacy Guard Encourage Employee Engagement
- New Multi-Cloud VDI Services Simplify Virtual App and Desktop Delivery to Drive Employee Productivity
- Workspace ONE for Microsoft Endpoint Manager to Enable Modern Management for Windows 10
“For too long, enterprise security and digital employee experience have been pitted against one another. There is a common misconception that when efforts are made to strengthen one area, the other must ultimately suffer. This simply is not true,” said
“Day Zero” Experiences Engage New Employees Across Entire Lifecycle
At VMworld 2019 U.S.,
Workspace ONE supports new day zero experiences to more securely provide new hires access to useful resources in Intelligent Hub such as company directory, intranet, and benefits information before their start date. In addition, new hires will be able to use Intelligent Hub to complete certain onboarding workflows, such as selecting technology to be delivered to the employee on their first day.
In an effort to seamlessly blend employee’s physical and digital experiences with technology,
Finally, to help companies improve the experience consumers have while using their mobile applications,
New Privacy Guard Provides Transparency Into How Employee Devices and Apps are Being Managed
Workspace ONE Privacy Guard will provide employees with transparency into how their device and business apps are being managed by IT. For instance, employees have visibility into the data that is being collected as well as device permissions that are being requested by an application on both personal (BYO) or corporate devices. Launched today, employees will now receive notifications from Privacy Guard in Intelligent Hub that indicate when IT has changed any app or device management policies.
Workspace ONE Simplifies Zero Trust Access to Any Application Across the Digital Workspace
Employees are demanding employers enable flexible workstyles. Apps are moving to the cloud. A company’s device mix is increasingly heterogeneous. All of these factors are breaking down the enterprise security perimeter, rendering the traditional “castle and moat” security approach obsolete. In its place, zero trust security and other similar models are emerging.
Workspace ONE is the only digital workspace platform that can bring these critical technologies together to enable zero trust security:
- Device Management and Compliance: Workspace ONE Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) enables customers to manage all devices – mobile, desktop, rugged and IoT – across all platforms from a single console;
- Conditional Access: Workspace ONE Access is the conditional access engine, supporting customers’ existing identity infrastructure, and leverages continuous verification of compliance provided by Workspace ONE UEM and Workspace ONE Intelligence analytics. Workspace ONE Access also can invoke step up multi-factor authentication as dictated by policy;
App Tunneland Proxy: Least privilege access to on-premises applications is enabled via cross-platform VMware Tunneland Unified Access Gateway (UAG) and/or by enabling virtual application access with VMware Horizon. Virtualization inherently protects the application infrastructure and can be accessed via UAG edge services;
- Intelligence Risk Analytics: Launched at VMworld 2019 U.S., Workspace ONE Intelligence now offers user and device risk scores – quantifiable scores based on multiple risk attributes that can be used within conditional access policies and to initiate automated remediations; and,
- Automated Remediation & Orchestration: Workspace ONE Intelligence enables automated remediations and orchestrates workflows across critical ITSM investments for ticketing, notifications, and other actions.
Also announced today, multi-factor authentication (MFA) is now built directly into the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app and Workspace ONE Access, enabling IT to step up authentication requirements when deemed necessary without putting inconvenient roadblocks in the way of employees trying to access apps and workflows from Intelligent Hub. Part of the Workspace ONE platform, no additional apps or integrations are required to enable MFA to a customer’s digital workspace environment.
Finally, VMware Workspace Security will bundle Workspace ONE Intelligence with Carbon Black Cloud Endpoint Advanced as an add-on service for Workspace ONE Advanced edition. The new offering brings cloud-based Next Generation Antivirus (NGAV) and behavioral threat detection into Intelligence’s analytics and automation across the digital workspace, which is further complemented by Carbon Black LiveOps on demand query and security response capabilities.
Simplified Hybrid and Multi-Cloud VDI and App Management Drive Day 2 Operational Efficiencies
The Monitoring service is now available, enabling administrators to surface Horizon performance data so they can proactively monitor, troubleshoot, and remediate their environment from a single, cloud-based console. In addition, the Horizon Image Management service will enter beta testing phase in fiscal year (FY) Q4. The service will help admins create and manage images, and easily reuse those images distributed across Horizon deployments.
In addition, generally available in FYQ1 for Horizon 7, including Horizon 7 on VMware Cloud on AWS, a new version of App Volumes will enable customers to simplify app packaging and lifecycle management by leveraging new algorithms for AppStack delivery. By decoupling package management and delivery, applications owners and packagers can work freely and respond quicker to user requests.
Enhancements to Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure continue to release at a rapid pace. Updates in the latest release include high availability for Pod Manager, support for custom Azure Resource Tags for desktop and farm assignments, enhanced logging and auditing capabilities in the Horizon Cloud administration console, and enhanced alerting during pod upgrades. These updates help simplify day two administrative work for enterprises and deployments of all sizes. Customers in highly-regulated industries can also take advantage of compliance certifications available with Horizon Cloud, including HIPAA, PCI (which includes Horizon Cloud control plane PCI certification), and SOC 2 Type 1.
Lastly, Workspace ONE now enables admins to manage their Horizon persistent virtual desktops alongside all other physical and virtual workspaces from the Workspace ONE UEM console. Leveraging UEM for day-to-day desktop operations, such as new patches and policies, deploying applications, etc., minimizes the need to create new desktop images for smaller updates, reducing re-imaging frequency and associated time and cost.
Workspace ONE Leads in Modern Management Across Devices and Platforms
As the PC market shifts to UEM,
Workspace ONE is leading the way in helping customers quickly adopt complete Windows 10 modern management – an integral part of their digital workspace transformation journey. Customers are managing the full lifecycle of any endpoint; orchestrating workflows across multiple identity, security, and IT tools; and supporting modern cloud services from Google, Apple, Samsung, and others.
Introducing Workspace ONE for Microsoft Endpoint Manager
Workspace ONE for Microsoft Endpoint Manager will enable customers to take advantage of Workspace ONE’s digital workspace platform with modern management for the Windows desktop, and data and cloud insights built on top of Microsoft Endpoint Manager. Workspace ONE will continue to deliver to customers enterprise-ready services including – multi-platform management depth, unified app catalog experience, Intelligence analytics and automation, multi-tenancy, industry-leading VDI and apps, and a zero trust security framework.
The first phase of this integration will be made available middle of calendar year 2020 and will focus on maximizing employee experience for Workspace ONE for Microsoft Endpoint Manager customers – including unique onboarding workflows, proactive employee experience management, and self-service access to enterprise services and apps. This will become VMware’s recommended solution for mutual Workspace ONE and Microsoft Endpoint Manager customers to manage Windows 10 devices.
La Poste Enhances Customer Services with Workspace ONE
“With the emergence of e-commerce, businesses and consumers alike have drastically different expectations of their postal service provider than those they had just a decade ago. As such,
- Dive a level deeper into the news and read this post on the VMware End User Computing blog
- Read a blog post from
Shankar Iyer, senior vice president and general manager, End User Computing, VMware, that discusses the how we are working with Microsoft to accelerate customers’ move to modern Windows deployments
- Access the zero trust security implementation guides and assets on the Digital Workspace TechZone and learn how customers can get started on their journey to zero trust security
- Learn more about VMware’s digital workspace platform, VMware Workspace ONE
- Get all Workspace ONE updates on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
VMwareon Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
For information on all news announcements issued at VMworld 2019 Europe, please visit the Online Press Kit.
News at VMworld Europe
- Read an overview of today’s news by
Joe Baguley, Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, EMEA, VMware: A More Secure, Modern Enterprise Takes Center Stage at VMworld 2019 Europe
- VMware Advances VMware Tanzu Portfolio to Accelerate Adoption of Kubernetes in the Enterprise
- VMware Announces New Security Solutions to Bring Intrinsic Security to the Modern Distributed Enterprise
- VMware Unveils Project Maestro, A Telco Cloud Orchestrator, To Help CSPs Accelerate Multi-Cloud Operational Agility
- VMware Cloud On AWS Helps Customers Across Europe Migrate and Modernize Applications
- VMware Expands Reach of VMware Cloud on AWS for Cloud Providers and MSPs with VMware Cloud Director Service
- VMware SD-WAN Delivers a Comprehensive Secure Access Services Edge
VMwareand Microsoft Continue to Partner to Deliver Greater Impact to Customers Across Client, Cloud and Data Initiatives
Note: There is no commitment or obligation that technology preview or beta features will become generally available.