VMware Delivers Intrinsic Security to the World’s Digital InfrastructureDate : 29 Sep 2020
New Innovations Advance Security for Public and Private Clouds, Security Operations and Distributed Workforces
For many organizations, migrating to the cloud has had to happen quickly and at a large scale to ensure business continuity amid the global pandemic. As cloud computing infrastructures proliferate, vulnerabilities increase. Attacker sophistication, security threats, breaches, and exploits are more prevalent than ever. And today, security strategies are often vulnerable to attacks on modern cloud workloads.
“Amid global disruption, the key to survival for many companies has meant an accelerated shift to the cloud and ultimately, bolting on security products in their data centers,” said
At VMworld 2020,
Security for the Private and Public Cloud
As organizations continue their journey towards cloud transformation and application modernization, they require modern security solutions that are both powerful and easy to operationalize. Unveiled today, VMware Carbon Black Cloud WorkloadTM, delivers advanced protection purpose-built for better securing modern workloads to reduce the attack surface and strengthen security posture. This innovative solution combines prioritized vulnerability reporting and foundational workload hardening with industry-leading prevention, detection and response capabilities to protect workloads running in virtualized, private and hybrid cloud environments.
The solution combines Carbon Black’s security expertise with VMware’s deep knowledge of data centers to build security into workloads.
Tightly integrated with
Workload security is especially complicated in hybrid data center architectures that employ everything from physical, on-premises machines to multiple public cloud infrastructure as a service (IaaS) environment to container-based application architectures. For security teams, VMware Carbon Black Cloud Workload will offer:
- Visibility to Identify Risk and Harden Workloads: Carbon Black Cloud Workload helps security and infrastructure teams focus on the most high-risk vulnerabilities and common exploits across their environments, because it’s not about finding the most vulnerabilities—it’s about finding the right ones. Prioritize vulnerabilities based on a combination of the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS), real-life exploitability and real-life frequency of attack, increase patching efficiency with best-in-class prioritization, and take immediate action in vSphere Client.
- Prevention, Detection and Response to Advanced Attacks: Security teams often lack visibility and control in highly dynamic virtualized data center environments. Carbon Black Cloud Workload protects workloads running in these environments by combining vulnerability assessment and workload hardening with industry leading next-generation antivirus (NGAV), workload behavioral monitoring, and endpoint detection and response (EDR) for workloads.
Simplified Operations for IT and Security Teams: The
VMwareintrinsic approach builds security into the virtual fabric, enabling protection everywhere workloads are deployed, and eliminating the trade-off between security and operational simplicity. But organizations also need the infrastructure team to be able to operationalize more of security policy and hardening. That requires giving them the right visibility into risk, and the tools to harden workloads right inside their own consoles. Carbon Black Workload accomplishes this by building security risk visibility right into VMwarevCenter, with the same visibility security operations see in Carbon Black Cloud – giving them a single source of truth. This will not only accelerate response to critical vulnerabilities and attacks, it will foster far greater collaboration between IT and security teams.
The Future of Security Operations
Security incident detection and response has never been more critical or more challenging. A July VMware Carbon Black report found 94 percent of organizations worldwide suffered a data breach1 from
Extended Detection and Response (XDR) is the opportunity to do just that: provide a unified approach to security incident detection and response that can leverage multiple domains – from endpoint to workload to user to network.
Security for the Distributed Workforce
The distributed workforce introduces a number of challenges ranging from employee on-boarding, visibility and compliance, security, employee safety and more. In order to address these challenges and successfully embrace the future of work, organizations need to re-think how they approach security, experience and operational complexity associated with the IT environment. Security must not only be intrinsic, it needs to be thought of in the context of employee experience to maximize productivity and engagement. To enable that differentiated approach,
The new solutions will deliver end-to-end zero trust security controls, and simplified management – where VMware’s Secure Access Service Edge, Digital Workspace and Endpoint Security technologies work harmoniously across any application on any cloud to any device. For more information, please visit: VMware Announces Future-Ready Workforce Solutions to Address the Needs of the Distributed Workforce.
VMware NSX Advanced Threat Prevention
This expanded offering will bring together sandboxing, network traffic analysis and network detection and response capabilities acquired from
One-Click Integrations with Zscaler
The flexible prevention policies and endpoint response actions of VMware Carbon Black combined with the advanced threat protection, sandboxing, better secure private applications access capabilities, and visibility into files and corporate assets of Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange provide an endpoint-to-cloud solution that identifies risk across any environment. This mutual solution also prevents those risks from impacting endpoints, enables zero trust conditional access to internal applications, and automatically responds in real-time to any activity found to be malicious.
“As we quickly transitioned to a fully distributed workforce, it was critical for our security posture to align with the prominence of this moment and the critical role Zoom played in business continuity for our customers,” said
VMware Carbon Black Cloud Workload is expected to be available in
- Free Trial | VMware Carbon Black Cloud Workload Essentials
- Blog: Introducing VMware Carbon Black Cloud Workload
- Blog: XDR Defined
VMware Carbon Black Partners: VMware Carbon Black and Zscaler Deliver End-to-end security across users, devices, and applications everywhere
News at VMworld 2020
Read a summary of today’s news from
- VMware Announces Future-Ready Workforce Solutions to Address the Needs of the Distributed Workforce
- VMware Empowers Customers to Build their Multi-Cloud Future
- VMware Expands Tanzu Portfolio and Partnerships to Accelerate Customers’ Infrastructure and Application Modernization Efforts
- VMware Unveils Project Monterey: Re-Imagining Hybrid Cloud Architecture to Support Next-Generation Applications
- VMware Delivers the Next Wave of Virtual Cloud Network Innovation to Connect and Protect Today’s Distributed, Multi-Cloud Enterprise
- For information on all news announcements at VMworld 2020, view the online media kit
VMware Carbon Black, “Global Threat Report: Extended Enterprise Under Threat,”
July 14, 2020.
+1 (781) 552-3062
+1 (774) 451-5142