VMware Commits to Building a More Equitable, Sustainable and Resilient WorldDate : 10 Dec 2020
VMware’s 2030 Agenda integrates 30 Environmental, Social and Governance goals into the business
“This year has created an even greater sense of urgency to take action on global and societal challenges so we’ve set bold goals that are core to our business and will have significant impact,” said
With its technology leadership and expansive global reach,
VMwareenvisions a future where all stakeholders are effectively safeguarded from cyberattacks threatening our digital world. By approaching innovation from a foundation of digital ethics and stewardship, and focusing on intrinsic security, privacy-by-design and transparent business practices, VMwarewill build and protect trust among our people, customers, partners, shareholders and communities.
VMwarefirmly believes that technology will play a critical role in building a digital future that is equitable, accessible and inclusive for all. From our diversity, equity and inclusion commitments to our digital workspace technologies, we are redefining the workplace of the future. VMwareis enabling distributed workforces to empower employees with equal opportunity, inclusive leadership and increased flexibility within our company and beyond. Through partnerships with academic institutions and nonprofit partners, we will help close the digital skills gap and make digital transformation more accessible for all.
SUSTAINABILITY: Sustainability is core to VMware’s values and future success. As a global corporate citizen, we have an opportunity and responsibility to innovate for a more resilient world by decarbonizing digital infrastructure across our customer ecosystem, value chain and our own operations. Through our collective efforts to drive net-zero emissions in our operations and Intrinsic Sustainability in our solutions,
VMwarewill inspire the next generation of sustainable digital infrastructure.
“Our 2030 Agenda is transformative because our 30x30 goals are owned by our business leaders and built into everything we do—from the way we develop software and bring our solutions to market, to the way we build a culture of inclusion—and in this way we are aligning our core purpose with doing our part to create a more sustainable, equitable and resilient world,” said
Some examples within the
- Protecting the world from cyberattacks by making security intrinsic to digital infrastructure.
- Collaborating with our public cloud partners to achieve zero carbon operations by 2030.
- Significantly increasing workload carbon efficiency in our customer’s digital operations.
- Investing in transformative research that inspires the next generation of sustainable digital infrastructure.
Providing technical and durable digital skills acquisition to more than 15 million individuals through
VMware IT Academyand other initiatives.
- Hiring one woman for every one man and ensuring 50 percent of our managers are women or from an underrepresented community.
- Achieving net-zero carbon emissions for our operations and supply chain and reduce our emissions 50 percent by 2030 from our 2018 baseline.
- Engaging 75 percent of suppliers by spend to reduce their emissions by setting science-based targets by 2024.
- Procuring 100 percent of our power from renewable energy sources.
VMware’s 2030 Agenda is inspired by a global call to action in the United Nation’s
Please visit VMware’s 2030 Agenda website to learn more.