VMware Empowers Customers to Build their Multi-Cloud FutureDate : 29 Sep 2020
VMware’s Multi-Cloud Strategy Unlocks the Value From Any Cloud While Delivering Better Security and Simplified Operations
VMware Announces Intent to Acquire SaltStack to Bolster Cloud Automation Portfolio
The company also announced its intent to acquire SaltStack, a pioneer in building intelligent, event-driven automation software. Following close, SaltStack will enable
At VMworld 2020,
“VMware has reached a major milestone in its plan to unlock the power of every cloud for every business. We now support customers’ application strategies by delivering
Delivering a Unified Platform for a Modern,
Migrating and Modernizing Apps on VMware Cloud on AWS: VMware Cloud on AWS momentum continues to grow. As of
August 2020, total VMs are up 140% and the total number of hosts are up 130% year over year on VMware Cloud on AWS. More than 600 channel partners have achieved a VMware Cloud on AWS service competency, and there are 300+ certified or validated technology solutions available to VMware Cloud on AWS customers. Working with AWS, VMware’s preferred public cloud partner for vSphere-based workloads, VMwareis delivering innovations that will give customers more capabilities to deploy, move, connect, and protect applications at scale. Support for VMware Tanzu centralizes operations and management of Kubernetes clusters. VMware Transit Connect provides simple, consistent networking and security across different cloud environments. VMware HCX enhancements make planning and executing zero downtime mass application migrations easier. Broadened support for VMwarevRealize Cloud Management services improves IT agility and maximizes uptime and performance, while new and expanded disaster recovery capabilities help minimize business disruptions. The new i3en.metal instance delivers four times the raw storage capacity at roughly half the cost per GB of storage per host of other offerings, and improves storage efficiency for data intensive workloads with VMwarevSAN compression.
Running VMware Applications on Microsoft Azure: the next-generation Azure VMware Solution enables customers to easily extend or migrate on-premises
VMwareapplications to Azure. A first party Microsoft service, Azure VMware Solution integrates with the Azure console, giving customers the flexibility to use existing VMwaretools and management experiences, or leverage native Azure capabilities as desired. Customers can achieve cost savings and better TCO for Windows Server and SQL Server workloads running on Azure VMware Solution by taking advantage of Azure Hybrid Benefits.
- Simple, Scalable, More Secure Infrastructure as-a-Service On-Premises: VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, the data center-as-a-service offer of Dell Technologies Cloud, adds new VMware HCX workload migration capabilities, improved performance, new host types, and support for multiple clusters within a single rack. New industry certifications provide expanded support for customers in regulated industries.
Run Kubernetes Workloads Anywhere:
VMwareis announcing Tanzu support for VMware Cloud on AWS and preview support for Google Cloud VMware Engine and Oracle Cloud VMware Solution. VMwareand Microsoft are also working closely together to make the preview available to early adopters soon. These updates provide customers with fast and more secure ways to extend workloads to the cloud, and further bolster VMware’s ability to offer customers a ubiquitous platform for running applications on the infrastructure of their choice.
Simple Disaster Recovery Service with Cloud Economics: VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery is a new on-demand, easy-to-use disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS) that protects on-premises vSphere workloads onto VMware Cloud on AWS. It combines efficient cloud storage with SaaS-based management for IT resiliency at scale. Customers benefit from consistent
VMwareoperations across production and DR sites, and a ‘pay when you need’ failover capacity model for DR resources.
Single Marketplace Featuring Thousands of Apps and Solutions: with the new consolidated
VMware Marketplace, customers can discover thousands of validated third-party, open-source, and first-party solutions. These can be deployed across vSphere, VMware Cloud on AWS, VMware Cloud on Dell EMC and VMware Tanzu environments. With VMware Cloud Director service integration, partners can offer tenants a modern application catalog for developers.
Unifying Multi-Cloud Management and Operations
VMware Cloud Management enables organizations to consistently deploy, operate, and govern applications, infrastructure, and platform services across any cloud environment. New cloud management innovations include the following:
Innovative Cloud Management Hybrid Subscription Solution:
VMwarevRealize Cloud Universal combines SaaS and on-premises management software into a single subscription license, enabling customers to use either method of consumption interchangeably without the need to repurchase different licenses to support each option. It includes vRealize AI Cloud and other cloud-first capabilities across operations and automation. These include federation capabilities for a consistent multi-cloud management experience across deployments and VMware Skyline integration, which enables proactive issue avoidance, troubleshooting and automated workflows in a unified management and support experience.
AI-driven, Cloud-Delivered Application Performance Optimization: formerly Project Magna,
VMwarevRealize AI Cloud is an intelligent, self-tuning cloud service for application performance optimization. It combines near real-time and historical observability with reinforcement learning to continuously adapt VMwarecloud infrastructure to the changing needs of application workloads. VMwarevRealize AI Cloud helps assure service-level agreements are met while enabling business agility as customers scale and migrate workloads across environments. At launch, vRealize AI Cloud supports VMwarevSAN and will be extended to other VMwaresolutions and application optimization use cases in the future.
Multi-Cloud Operations for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure:
CloudHealthby VMwarenow supports Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), enabling enterprises to view all public cloud costs from a single platform. Customers can also group assets by business unit, department, cost center, and owner, for cost reporting and showback using OCI tags and CloudHealth’s Perspectives capability.
- Multi-Cloud Security Posture Management and Compliance: CloudHealth Secure State adds real-time monitoring for Google Cloud, as well as 20 new AWS and Azure services, including managed Kubernetes and serverless configurations. Organizations can more effectively scale security and improve collaboration between teams through simplified management of cloud accounts, custom compliance frameworks, and Azure auto-remediation support.
Empowering Cloud Providers with the Complete VMware Multi-Cloud Portfolio
VMware Cloud providers and Managed Service Providers (MSPs) are trusted advisors for customers that need expertise and guidance navigating their multi-cloud journey. New cloud services make it easier for these partners to deliver and customers to consume VMware’s expanding portfolio of multi-cloud services. These include:
VMware Cloud Partner Navigator: formerly Project Path, VMware Cloud Partner Navigator enables partners to expand business opportunities beyond their own clouds to include the growing set of
VMware-based clouds and services. Customers gain greater flexibility and choice to run applications in the cloud that best meets their operational and business requirements, with one-click application and service deployment, and access to a robust marketplace. Partners can also provide customers direct access to VMware’s growing portfolio of application modernization, business continuity, and multi-cloud operations services.
- VMware Cloud Director 10.2: adds a set of capabilities that will enable partners to expand their service offerings with enhanced network and security services, lower costs with increased storage flexibility and efficiency, and accelerate support for developers and DevOps engineering with a full development infrastructure.
Customer and Partner Commentary
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings.
The Scottish Government’s
iSelect is Australia’s leading destination for comparison and purchasing across insurance, utilities, and personal finance products.
Harman designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide. Ashok Madhuranath, senior manager of cloud architecture and operations at Harman, said, “As our multi-cloud cloud strategy grew, we lacked the tooling necessary to operate efficiently across both AWS and Azure.
Azure VMware Solution,
- What’s new with VMware Cloud on AWS
- What's New in the latest release of VMware Cloud on Dell EMC
- Announcing VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery: On-demand DRaaS to Protect your vSphere Workloads
VMwarevRealize Cloud Universal
VMwarevRealize AI Cloud Availability
- Introducing CloudHealth Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Support
- CloudHealth Secure State: New Capabilities to Combat Multi-Cloud Security Risks
- New Unified Partner Platform is Here: VMware Cloud Partner Navigator
- Announcing Major Updates in VMware Cloud Director
News at VMworld 2020
Read a summary of today’s news from
- VMware Announces Future-Ready Workforce Solutions to Address the Needs of the Distributed Workforce
- VMware Delivers Intrinsic Security to the World’s Digital Infrastructure
- VMware Expands Tanzu Portfolio and Partnerships to Accelerate Customers’ Infrastructure and Application Modernization Efforts
- VMware Unveils Project Monterey: Re-Imagining Hybrid Cloud Architecture to Support Next-Generation Applications
- VMware Delivers the Next Wave of Virtual Cloud Network Innovation to Connect and Protect Today’s Distributed, Multi-Cloud Enterprise
- For information on all news announcements at VMworld 2020, view the online media kit
This announcement contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding
+1 (408) 348-1569
+1 (212) 331-8422