VMware Unveils Project Maestro, A Telco Cloud Orchestrator, To Help CSPs Accelerate Multi-Cloud Operational AgilityDate : 05 Nov 2019
- Cloud-First Solution Will Unify Orchestration and Automation Across Any Network and Any Cloud
- Millicom Selects VMware To Build Its Telco Cloud to Drive Digital Transformation
“As the telco industry transitions to 5G and edge computing, CSPs are readying their infrastructure to be able to deliver next generation apps and services to both consumers and enterprises with agility and scalability. This requires a Telco Cloud architecture that unifies their network and IT environments and connects them to private enterprise clouds, edge clouds, and public clouds,” said
Introducing Project Maestro
Project Maestro will deliver a unified approach to modeling, onboarding, orchestrating, and managing virtual network functions and services. With this cloud-first orchestration solution, CSPs will be able to build and automate network services that span across a wider variety of network function formats, enabling interoperability and optimizing their operations across every layer of the NFV and Telco Cloud architecture. The telco cloud orchestrator will be able to deliver operational efficiency at scale to ultimately help CSPs accelerate time to market of new services, mitigate the cost of managing ever more complex networks, and improve customer experiences.
“The modernization of telco networks is pushing orchestration challenges exponentially as CSPs must now manage network functions in various formats, from multiple-vendors, in a highly distributed multi-cloud network,” commented
Now in technology preview, Project Maestro will help CSPs:
- Accelerate time to revenue: Accelerate service time-to-revenue with a simplified vendor-neutral and standard-compliant approach for designing and onboarding VNFs/CNFs or network services.
- Automate operations with multi-cloud agility: Embed true cloud agility to operationalize processes with full lifecycle management automation capabilities. CSPs will be able to define and apply policies using a comprehensive decision engine to automate day zero through more complex day two operations.
- Enhance customer experiences: Deliver a new level of experiences with adaptable and resilient services. The solution will combine real-time decisioning capabilities with holistic Telco Cloud awareness for optimal close-loop actions that help deliver improved service quality. Furthermore, the telco cloud orchestrator will automate the distribution of network functions and service workloads across data centers and availability zones for optimal service quality and better resiliency.
- Transform to cloud-native networks: Evolve network architectures from OpenStack infrastructure to containers-based applications with seamless on-boarding and orchestration of VMs and container-based infrastructure for a future-proof service delivery foundation. Distribute workloads from the core to the edge and from private to public clouds for modern, unified network orchestration.
- Streamline orchestration: The telco cloud orchestrator will streamline the CSP orchestration journey with native integration into
VMwarecloud technologies and Virtualized Infrastructure Managers (VIMs) for operational consistency and ease of deployment while maximizing infrastructure resource utilization.
- Simplify interoperability: Built as a modular and model-driven solution, the Generic VNF Manager (G-VNFM) and NFV Orchestrator (NFVO) components of the solution will be able to integrate any SOL-compliant ETSI MANO architecture. Project Maestro will allow standards-based integration with OSS/BSS systems and Service Orchestrators through ETSI- and TMF-compliant interfaces.
VMwarewill further enhance interoperability by expanding partner VNF certifications to cover infrastructure and orchestration through the VMware Ready for NFV program.
Millicom Selects VMware To Build Its Telco Cloud to Drive Digital Transformation
Millicom is a leading provider of cable and mobile services dedicated to emerging markets in
“As we continued to add new services and expand our geographic footprint in the past year, we were running up against an increasingly complex environment that consisted of siloed platforms for IT, core and cloud. We needed to find a way to bring these platforms together with a cloud-first approach,” said
VMware Launches VNF Self Certification Program
VMware Ready for NFV is a comprehensive, award-winning certification program that enables interoperability and operational readiness between third party-developed VNFs and the ETSI-compliant
Through the program extension,
- Visit the VMware Telco and
Edge Cloudteam at VMworld Europe in the Telco & IoT Zone, stand #223.
- Read more about Project Maestro in this post on the Telco Cloud blog
- Find out more details on the VNF Self Certification program in this blog post from the Telco and
- Learn more about how
VMwareis helping service providers modernize their networks at telco.vmware.com.
- Get all VMware Telco & Edge updates on Twitter and LinkedIn
VMwareon Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
For information on all news announcements issued at VMworld 2019 Europe, please visit the Online Press Kit.
News at VMworld Europe
- Read an overview of today’s news by
Joe Baguley, Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, EMEA, VMware: A More Secure, Modern Enterprise Takes Center Stage at VMworld 2019 Europe
- VMware Announces New Security Solutions to Bring Intrinsic Security to the Modern Distributed Enterprise
- VMware Advances VMware Tanzu Portfolio to Accelerate Adoption of Kubernetes in the Enterprise
- VMware Workspace ONE Delivers Day Zero Employee Experiences, Enabling IT and HR to Accelerate New Hire Time to Productivity
- VMware Cloud On AWS Helps Customers Across Europe Migrate and Modernize Applications
- VMware Expands Reach of VMware Cloud on AWS for Cloud Providers and MSPs with VMware Cloud Director Service
- VMware SD-WAN Delivers a Comprehensive Secure Access Services Edge
VMwareand Microsoft Continue to Partner to Deliver Greater Impact to Customers Across Client, Cloud and Data Initiatives
Note: There is no commitment or obligation that technology preview or beta features will become generally available.