VMware Expands Validated Vertical Solutions Across Multiple IndustriesDate : June 26, 2014
Vertical Industry Solutions
Focus verticals include:
- Education - The updated VMware Secure Online Testing solution makes it easy for school districts to deliver state mandated online testing that complies with the Common Core State Standards Initiative with minimal IT resources and disruption.
VMwarehas achieved qualification from Pearson TestNav and is currently working on certification with the American Institutes for Researchto securely deliver their online test system.
- Federal Government - Built specifically for strict Federal Government security requirements, the updated VMware Federal Secure Desktop solution allows agencies to easily comply with the Federal Telework Initiative and meet the demands of agencies requiring the highest level of data protection. The solution includes key cybersecurity components such as SIPRNet token integration, CAC and PIV card support, and multi-level security to provide the most rigid, yet flexible data protection.
- Financial Services -
VMware'snew AlwaysOn Financial Workplace™ solution can give financial services organizations peace of mind by providing high availability of their critical systems and business continuity for disaster planning. The solution also enables a more mobile workforce while complying with regulations around data privacy by keeping client information in the data center, in case of lost or stolen devices.
- Healthcare - The new VMware Care Systems Analytics can monitor the health and performance of the entire Electronic Medical Record (EMR) clinical system environment -- from the infrastructure to the point of care -- to maximize the EMR investment. Along with
VMware AlwaysOn Pointof Care™ -- a secure, mobile and highly available clinical desktop, VMware Care Systems Analytics can help healthcare organizations improve clinical workflow and patient outcomes by alerting IT of potential issues so they can be resolved before the clinician is affected.
- Manufacturing - The new VMware High Performance Desktop with 3-D solution can deliver workstation level performance while enabling secure collaboration. Companies with designers or developers in geographically dispersed locations can get the 3-D graphics performance they need to construct models and designs while companies benefit from their intellectual properties being protected in the data center.
"I'm excited about the level of visibility VMware Care Systems Analytics gives us into our EMR systems and supporting infrastructure," said
"The government IT landscape is changing rapidly. Establishing a virtual desktop infrastructure can help agencies address the multiple challenges introduced not only by increased mobility but also by the rising demand for multilevel security needed to support both in-house and mobile workers," said
VMware Vertical Solutions are available today.
- Read a blog post by
Tisa Murdock, director of solutions marketing, End-User Computing, VMware
- Visit the VMware Vertical Solutions product page for additional information about each solution.
- Visit the VMware Solution Exchange to learn more about the virtualization and cloud infrastructure ecosystem.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
(i) FACT SHEET: The White House Summit On Working Families,
Louis Cheng VMware Global Communicationschengl@vmware.com (650) 427-7643 Meredith ObialaH+K Strategies for VMwaremeredith.firstname.lastname@example.org (312) 255-3039