Global Organizations Choose VMware Digital Workspace Solutions to Enable a Remote Everything, Future-Ready WorkforceDate : 06 Aug 2020
VMware Announces New Workplace Solutions to Help Companies Return Employees to Offices Safely as Economies Reopen and Enable Enhanced Office Experiences
VMware Horizon 8 Helps Enable Business Resilience for the Future-Ready Workforce Leveraging Hybrid-Cloud Scale & Unique Integrations with Industry-Leading VMware Technologies
“Remote work may no longer be considered a luxury, but a necessity, in this new working environment. In fact, remote work has essentially redrawn the lines where personal connections have improved, recruitment is easier, and companies can adapt faster. And technology has allowed us to adjust the way we work in a seamless way,” said
VMware Announces New Workplace Solutions for the Future-Ready Workforce
To support the needs of the modern workforce,
With Workspace ONE Proximity, customers can help return employees to the office by utilizing Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons to give employees insight into potential exposure, notify colleagues of changing conditions, and help recount whereabouts and interactions within an office. As organizations re-design their workplaces, Workspace ONE Campus will be designed to leverage the same beacon infrastructure to support desk and meeting room booking, and wayfinding, further elevating the future workplace experience. Implementing these new workplace solutions will help organizations leverage the infrastructure they already have in place to support vital reopening tasks and future workplace initiatives, such as:
- Self-reporting and automatic proximity notifications
- Tools to help employees recall their whereabouts
- Admin visibility into areas that require deep cleaning
- Occupancy limits and physical distancing
- Omnichannel communication strategies
- Digital badge for entry, kiosks, printing, and more
- Desk and conference room booking
- Office navigation
Through close partnership with internal multidisciplinary teams tasked at bringing employees back to the office safely,
A Modern Desktop and Application Delivery Platform
As employees globally are increasingly working from anywhere due to the pandemic, they need quick and more secure access to corporate resources.
Expanded Hybrid and Multi-cloud Deployment Options – Customers can leverage the cloud or clouds of their choice to cost-effectively deliver VDI and application capabilities on managed infrastructure, quickly scaling and provisioning workloads with the feature-rich VMware Horizon platform. Support for VMware Horizon on Google Cloud VMware Engine and VMware Horizon on VMware Cloud on Dell EMC is now available. Support for VMware Horizon on Azure VMware Solution (AVS) is expected to be available upon general availability of that service. Each of these VMware Cloud Verified services is built on
VMware Cloud Foundation, allowing VMware Horizon customers to further leverage their VMwareexpertise and investments.
- New Instant Clone Capabilities: Instant Clone Smart Provisioning helps IT directly provision instant clones without requiring a parent VM, freeing up greater memory resources and increasing desktops per host, reducing VDI and published application costs. Further Instant Clone innovations include dynamic pool expansion and elastic DRS to quickly scale demand up and down across public and private clouds hosting VMware Horizon, for example with VMware Cloud on AWS, to meet urgent needs to support their distributed workforces
- VMware Horizon REST APIs: New RESTful APIs help automate rich capabilities available in VMware Horizon 8, including monitoring, entitlements, and user and machine management. IT can easily interact with VMware Horizon 8 for added flexibility, distributing and accessing information, and modernizing services with speed.
Unified Communicationsand Collaboration Support: With growing demand for collaboration tools to support distributed workforces, VMware Horizon now offers an optimized experience for Microsoft Teams video and audio, in addition to Zoom and Cisco Webex, that enables improved productivity and a better user experience from virtual desktops.
- Linux-Hosted Applications: Linux applications can now be published directly from a Linux server in the VMware Horizon platform, helping reduce costs associated with licenses from other operating system platforms.
Customers leveraging VMware Horizon 8 can also use the same control plane to deploy and manage hybrid environments that extend to VMware Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure, one of VMware’s desktop-as-a-service offerings. VMware Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure supports the features of Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop, including Windows 10 Enterprise multi-session, and recently added support for VMware App Volumes, giving customers the ability to package an application once and deploy it to any VMware Horizon platform. This reduces the size and complexity of base images reducing IT time and cost, and cross-platform integration means that customers can consolidate resources and simplify management.
By leveraging more unique integrations with trusted
“VMware's customers specifically mentioned the value gained by leveraging the VMware Horizon solution as a component of the company's overall software-defined datacenter platform,” said
VMware Workspace ONE Proximity is currently in beta and more information on VMware Workspace ONE Campus will be available in the coming months. VMware Horizon 8 is expected to be available in VMware’s Fiscal Q3 FY21, ending on
- For more information on VMware’s business continuity solutions, visit www.vmware.com/solutions/business-continuity.
- For more information on VMware Workspace ONE Proximity, visit https://beta-ea.vmware.com/key/getbeta.
Read more about
VMwareworkplace solutions on this blog.
- For more information on VMware Horizon, visit www.vmware.com/go/horizon.
- Read more about VMware Horizon 8 on this blog.
- Learn more about VMware’s digital workspace platform, VMware Workspace ONE.
- Bookmark the VMware End-User Computing blog.
- Get all Workspace ONE updates on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
VMwareon Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
*Disclaimer: The VMware Workspace ONE Proximity beta program is open to select customers and information on VMware Workspace ONE Campus will be available in the coming months. Note that there is no commitment or obligation that these features will become generally available.